Germany faces many recruiting challenges due to the shortage of skilled workers. Because of the demographic changes that have occurred over the last years, the competition for talents in Germany has increased. Companies see themselves forced to look into creative recruiting practices to attract talents.
As a result, more and more companies are now using external recruiting agencies to support them in finding the best candidates for their open positions.
In this article we want to take a closer look at agencies that provide external recruitment services.
What is recruitment processing outsourcing (RPO)?
Recruitment processing outsourcing (RPO) is the service offered by specialized recruiting agencies to companies looking for support to hire talents. The RPO provider takes on some or all of the recruitment process for the business, from sourcing and screening candidates up to sometimes even onboarding the new hire.
Generally the recruiting agency will take over:
- Strategy and Planning: In this step the company and the agency define the scope of the hiring needs. E.g., the number and type of positions to be filled, budget and timelines.
- Sourcing and Screening: The RPO will proceed to search for potential candidates. They will normally also screen and assess the candidates based on the company’s specific requirements.
- Consultation: Some RPO’s will go the extra mile and even consult the company after analyzing the market in detail. Performing small adaptations during the recruitment process is key to attracting as many talents as possible.
- Talent Selection: Only the best-fit candidates will then be presented to the client so that the hiring manager and recruiters can assess each talent.
- Interviewing: Now it is time for the client to conduct the interviews and select the final talents.
- Onboarding: Some agencies will also assist with the onboarding process, depending on the needs of their clients.
It is important to select a RPO that will guarantee constant and transparent communication with the company. This way both sides can work most efficiently and ensure that a high-fit hiring takes place in the end.
What recruitment processing outsourcing agencies are in Germany?
There are different recruitment agencies in Germany. They can vary in their size, their working methods and the area they operate in.
Here are five RPO agencies in Germany:
CareerBee is a modern recruiting agency for tech-oriented businesses and start ups. CareerBee focuses on finding talented specialists in business-critical functions like Software Engineering, Data Science, Marketing & Sales, and IT consulting. The approach is based on their unique consulting experience, starting with advising business owners and managers what requirements they have for their roles and providing them with unique market insights.
After the ideal candidate profile is set, CareerBee will actively source suitable candidates, pre-screen them, and schedule them with you to interview. This allows you to successfully hire your perfect match within only a few weeks, instead of waiting for months and delaying important projects.
What makes CareerBee unique is their special market insights and experience. Their founders Laura Villafuerte and Luca Planert have been working as inhouse Talent Specialists for top German companies like Roche and Nintendo, and they also run a successfull Slack community for talents in Germany.
Jomigo is a recruiting marketplace, where companies will receive pre-screened candidates for their open positions. Jomigo works with a network of specialized freelance recruiters allowing them to find talents in diverse fields.
3. Adecco RPO
Adecco is a global RPO provider that also has a strong presence in Germany. They offer a range of services, including sourcing, assessment, and onboarding.
4. ManpowerGroup Solutions
ManpowerGroup Solutions is a global RPO provider that offers a range of recruitment process outsourcing services in Germany. They specialize in providing customized recruitment solutions.
5. Hays Talent Solutions
Hays is a global RPO provider that operates in Germany. They specialize in providing end-to-end recruitment solutions, including employer branding, talent acquisition, and onboarding.
What pricing ranges do RPOs in Germany normally offer?
The most common pricing model is a success based fee, where you pay a % fee of the annual salary of the candidate you hired. This gives you the advantage of only having to pay after you really hire a candidate. The ranges normally vary between 15%-35%.
An alternative to this model is a fixed price fee in advance that won’t depend on the salary of the candidate.
How to choose the ideal RPO agency for your business?
When choosing an RPO provider, it’s important to consider factors such as their expertise, but equally important the candidate experience they provide. Keep in mind that an RPO becomes the extension of your company’s recruiting process.
Here are some key factors to consider when choosing an RPO:
- Expertise: You should choose a provider that has expertise in your industry and understands the challenges that you face in your hiring process. This will ensure that they can provide tailored solutions that meet your specific recruitment needs.
- Flexibility: The recruiting agency should be flexible enough to adapt to your changing recruitment needs as well as changes in the talent market. They should be able to scale up or down quickly depending on the volume of hiring required.
- Talent pool: Look for an RPO provider that has a talent pool and with it, access to top candidates that fit the requirements of your industry. This will ensure that you will be able to hire the best talents.
- Cultural fit: It’s essential to choose a recruiting agency whose culture and values align with your own. This will ensure that they will represent your company in the best way possible towards candidates and help you identify high fit talents.
- Cost: Finally, consider the cost of the RPO provider’s services. Ensure that their pricing structure is transparent, and adapted to the needs of your company.
- References: Ask for references from other clients who have used their services in the past. This will give you an idea of their experience and success rates.
Conclusion: Recruitment processing outsourcing agencies in Germany
Working with RPOs will become more and more important in the future in a market like Germany where we are facing a lack of skilled workers and finding talents becomes increasingly more difficult. That is why it is important to be aware of the different providers and take a strategic decision on which RPO fits the company’s brand you want to portray. Especially if you are in a high growth face of your company, a RPO can take high pressure from your employees and save you valuable time while helping you hire the best team.
If you are now interested and getting some help with recruitment for your company, feel free to book a free consultation call with us.