Looking for a graduate programme with real growth potential? Join us at the global headquarters of RWE and follow in the footsteps of the many RWE business specialists who came through the programme before you.
From day one, you’ll be helping us continue our expansion into new markets and locations. Throughout the programme, you’ll be developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
Start date: September 2024
From here, you’ll do four six-month rotations, starting off in Essen in Germany with others potentially in Swindon or London (UK), Singapore, or USA (Chicago, Boston, or Austin). You can then seek to continue your career beyond the graduate programme into any of our global locations.
You’ll progress through four six-month placements of your own choosing, doing meaningful work and contributing to all aspects of the energy value chain. These could include:
• Project Management
• Communications & Events
• New Business Implementation
• Trading Affairs
• Back Office, which covers the agreement and settlement of all trading deals
• …and much more
We are looking for the right people to enable our business – so you’ll need to be a highly ambitious, hard-working team player who’s passionate about working with people, developing new, innovative ideas and is keen to learn, grow and take accountability. Some relevant work experience within a relevant field would be advantageous but is not essential. What you must have is:
• A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in any discipline
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English
• IT proficiency
• A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
• Motivated to take on new challenges, whether operating independently or in a team
• Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
• Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
• Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
• Flexibility and mobility needed to travel to multiple locations
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned a graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business.
We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
• Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
• Company pension
• Discounted employee share scheme
• 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and compensation days
• International rotations to the UK, Singapore, the US or possibly further afield incl. financial assistance when moving on international assignments
• An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
• Free on-site health care incl. health centre (gym) on-site
• Access to a modern office & state-of-the-art IT
• Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies – join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
• Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews, and podcasts. Find out more on https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at email@example.com.
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Roberts, T: +44 1793 475172
Apply before 15th April 2024 with just a few clicks: 85255
RWE AG comprises four operative segments – renewable energies, lignite and nuclear power, European electricity generation from gas, coal, hydropower and biomass as well as global energy trading – which together provide a solid foundation for the innovations of tomorrow. With a clear objective: We aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Around 2,000 employees from over 70 different countries trade electricity, gas, commodities and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from RWE.